This is my Online Scrap Pad. Finished work appears here, and at http://arksanctum.org

Monday, November 08, 2004

17:35 from Paddington

How many times did I catch this train from Paddington back to Newbury this year?

Just for the record, unless I was running late, I took this very service about 20 times a month for four months. I don't think the idea that anything could have gone wrong like this had ever even entered my head. I was more worried about terrorists at the station than suicidal motorists in the next village.



Not that any of them are likely to read it, but I would like to express my deepest sympathy to everyone whose lives have been wrecked by this event.

1 Comments:

Blogger onesmudge said...

I travelled from Maidenhead to Paddington daily. I remember quite vividly.

10:19 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home