This is my Online Scrap Pad. Finished work appears here, and at http://arksanctum.org

Friday, November 05, 2004

Fair Enough

Just to say sorry to Anonymous for getting grumpy. I imagine I would have done the same thing. The law is the law, and a friendly word is better than a ride in a squad car. Yesterday wasn't a great day, and I wasn't ready for it.

Twelve letters sent out yesterday, all saying pretty much the same thing: ""Hey - I'm great- Give me a job!" This brings the week's total to over thirty. Doesn't hurt to keep trying, I suppose. What else is there to do?

I'm still trying hard to make sense of the US election. I'm so utterly shocked by the whole thing that I don't even feel able to comment on it right now. Not that my comments will make much difference. What sickened me yesterday was the triumphant Daily Mail headline: "Rise of the Moral Majority!" They are talking about a regime that ignores environmental issues, pisses on the third world, doesn't pay the UN its fees, stamps all over anybody with a turban, detains people without trial, fabricates evidence and believes it is wrong to try and stamp out hand guns. What part of anything the Republicans stand for is moral?

So, when I got home, and found out that my little article was against the law while the world's biggest criminal cartel is getting ready for another four years of rape and pillage, I couldn't help but wonder why we all bother.

I'm still wondering, but at least I'm still bothering.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home